Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 2: King.Street.at.Sundown.


After work tonight I completed a 7 mile run from my office to Reagan National Airport and back (taking the waterfront park trails and Mt. Vernon Trail/G.W. Parkway - Alexandria). Man, I would do absolutely anything to figure out a way for me to comfortably bring my Nikon with me on my after-work runs. Especially on a day like today - 50 degrees with a gorgeous sunset and only partially cloudy. Throughout most of my run I get the chance to run next to the water and look over at Washington D.C. and all beautifulness that it has to offer. Unfortunately, I can't share these views because, with my luck, I'd either break my Nikon or have it stolen from me while I run back into Old Town through not so nice areas. So anyways... on to the picture above... location: King Street, Old Town Alexandria... By the time I'm done running, the sun has gone down and I'm running up King Street from the waterfront. The year round Christmas lights are lit up, people are out walking their dogs after a day at work, couples are walking to their fancy dinner reservations, and runners like myself are getting their run on! So immediately after my run tonight, I went to my car to grab my camera and started shooting. Doing this made me realize that I realllllly need to learn to use my camera at night. I'm kind of a dummy when it comes to shutter speeds and all that stuff (plus, I need a tripod). But hey, that's why I started this project to become more knowledgeable about what my Nikon has to offer. Back to the topic at hand, not only do I get to see this view at the end of my runs, but I get to enjoy all King Street has to offer every day of the week because this is where I work! I'm very fortunate to be employed in such a wonderful and beautiful place like Old Town... I'm sure you will be seeing more blogs from here as the year progresses!

1 comment:

  1. Was that the path we went on when I visited a couple years ago (pre-Colby)? It is beautiful, I know what area you are talking about!! It would be so cool if you could lug around your camera on your runs with you, however that may be somewhat uncomfortable! Maybe one day take a walk, and shoot some pics! Great job on a 7 miler :)

    ReplyDelete