Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 1: Running.Essentials.


I am currently on Week 10 of my marathon training, however due to bronchitis and the flu, some snow and icy trails, and pure laziness, I have been on a running hiatus for the last 3 weeks :( Although I've probably screwed up my training, I have to start back somewhere. So I sucked it up on this gloomy day and hit the trail for a 3 mile run after work. Surprisingly, I did pretty amazing... but we'll see how I feel tomorrow during my 7 miles!!! I realized today that (besides my clothes) I have three essential items for my running routine. I never thought I would run in ADIDAS shoes (they're for playing soccer right?) but these have been some amazing running shoes and provided me with the best run ever during the Army 10 Miler last October. Then there's my Garmin GPS watch - it motivates me like none other! Who would have ever thought that this little device could track your exact location, speed, and distance? And last by not least, my iPod... best invention EVER! There's nothing like running to the beats of "Teach Me How to Dougie" and "On to the Next One." Without these things, I'd feel naked and my run wouldn't be complete! I have no idea how Pheiddipides ran from the Battle of Marathon to Athens without this stuff!!!! So here's to amazing technology and me getting back into my training! 

So, yay for my first post! I know that most of these things are supposed to start on Jan. 1st, but whatever, when have I ever done anything on time? NEVER! So why start now! Wish me luck in completing another 364 posts!!!! And hope you enjoy the adventure along side with me!

1 comment:

  1. Great job on motivating yourself!! I am getting back into a weight training routine, which has been full of sore days. I run sometimes, but my knees are awful, I can't run for too long. I am so proud of you for keeping it up and pushing through!! Great first blog :)

    ReplyDelete