Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 40: 20.Mile.Fail.


So, today was supposed to be my "big" day in terms of marathon training. Today was the day that my 20 mile run was scheduled. I've been having issues lately with my right knee but was hoping I could just get through today and that things would go smoothly. Surprisingly, I was doing absolutely amazing and the run was perfect with no issues whatsoever. Then, after eating my GuChomps at 13 miles, my tummy felt heavy so I thought it would be a good idea to stop for a minute to let it settle, but then BAM the second I started walking something happened with my knee and I have never felt so much pain before. I couldn't even walk and it wasn't getting any better. Good thing I brought my cell phone with my CamelBak and was able to have someone come pick me up at Gravely Point. This picture is a scene of what I've been doing all night long... R.I.C.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment